Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Wiki community development
Ingredients for a successful wiki include:
- Ways to stay engaged
- A reason for being that inspires involvement
- Offline interaction
Lessons from open source communities
Some of the things that make a successful open source software project are:
- Dedicated community,
- Clear contribution principles and rules of engagement
- Guidelines for newbies
- Comprehensive user documentation,
- Suggested development practices and patterns
- Reliable central infrastructure (a foundation? core team?)
- Aan issue-tracking system
- Feature list,
- User rating system,
And of course the "dedicated community" becomes more engaged as the project becomes more interesting (i.e. the software's or the wiki's usefulness grows).
See Online communities #External links for some suggested reading. Please share key points that are relevant to Appropedia, by editing this page, or on the talk page or site discussion page or community discussion list, particularly if it has inspired you to take action in a particular way.
- Appropedia:Appropedia community of editors
- Making a successful new wiki is hard
- Wiki synergy
- Category:Appropedia community
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.