Multimedia and ICT as a platform for Change
Different current types of rich and multimedia content might include:
• Videos is a moving images that have been captured or created electronically by a computer.
• Sound, Music,or Audio - or if you just want to listen in the plain speech, you can always record a sound through your gadgets and share it to the entire world.
• GIFs or Graphics interchange format- A lossless format for image files that supports both animated and static image.
• Instagram stories- is a feature within the instagram app where users can capture and post related images and video content in a slideshow format.
• Podcast- is an epidsodic series of spoken word digital audio files that a users can download to a personal device for easy listening.
• Content narration audio- also referred to as a video description, describe video,or more precisely called a visual description,is a form or narration used to provide information surrounding key visual elements in a media work.
• Infographics- is a visual image such as a chart or diagram used to represent information or data.
• Live streams and topical webinars- or in layman terms, webcast services are often used for events which are broadcast by one host to many viewers style whereas webinars are broadcast by a few presenters to many online viewers. • Social Media- is computer based technology that facilities the sharing of ideas, thoughts,and information through the building or virtual network and communities.
A multimedia story is some combination of text, still photographs, video clips, audio, graphics and interactivity presented on a Web site in a nonlinear format in which the information in each medium is complementary, not redundant.
Multimedia finds its application in various areas including, but not limited to, art, education, entertainment, engineering, medicine, mathematics, and scientific research. In education, multimedia is used to produce computer-based training courses and reference books like encyclopedias and almanacs.￼