Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Talk:Ersson vermicomposting toilet (original)
I am in the process of using this as a trial in porting material. I chose this page as by my understanding it is from a source which has given it's permission for such porting already. I will be working to complete this by bringing the photo's in in the next couple of days. If I have misunderstood and brought this material into this site inappropriately, my apologies. If so please email me to let me know where I have erred. Thanks.--Vacuum1313 18:53, 1 December 2006 (PST)
- Looks good to me. There's perhaps some subtleties that Curt can help you with, e.g. re formatting, but I understand that Curt's obtained permission, so you've done the right thing and helped to grow the resource base here. Good work... and welcome, by the way. --Singkong2005 (now known as Chriswaterguy) · talk 04:51, 2 December 2006 (PST)
- Vacuum1313 and I have been exchanging emails about porting. Great to have him on board! I'm under pressure now to improve the help pages :-) As you can see, Vacuum1313 has been highly productive even without great help. --CurtB 08:31, 2 December 2006 (PST)
Hi, Appreciate admin to have a look at this. I've brought the material over as faithfully as I could. I 3 of the images are bigger than advised but each one merges 3 images found together on the original website. Would appreciate comments on this. I won't be making any alterations grammatically etc until this original port has been approved.--Vacuum1313 19:47, 2 December 2006 (PST)
- Hi, Vacuum1313. I like the porting. I'm not sure about the "advised image size" that you reference. I would have made (and will probably go ahead and do it myself) a couple of the images larger. The merged pictures seem to work very well for the pee reservoir, but I think some gap would be desirable for merge of the 3 separate photos. I also think that aligning "left,left,left" of three separate photos would achieve a similar affect, while allowing separate maintenance and captions. But I don't feel strongly about it, so let's look for other feedback before settling.
- I would like to see headings, but I guess that wouldn't be true to the original, and so it should come after we approve the original.
- This is going to put more pressure on getting closure on our process for protecting originals and creating evolving versions. I've been spending my limited cycles on the PDF help doc (I'd love it if you can review / bless / improve that doc, though this recent port was from a web site). I'm basically done with the PDF help doc, so will shift over to the importation protection process / sequence effort. --CurtB 09:29, 3 December 2006 (PST)
Agree with the Photo and Heading comments. I'll try one of the photo sets with left, left, left and see how it looks but as you pointed out thought I'd leave that until the original had been fixed/frozen or however you term it and do it as an editing update then if I made mistakes at least there was an "original" to go back to. I'll have a look at the .pfd import instructions and try to find a site that has such for importing.--Vacuum1313 07:50, 4 December 2006 (PST)
I have adjusted the photo's after giving the artical a day to be frozen in it's original form. I also did minor text editing and added some titles where it seemed appropriate. I am considering this port complete with this version and ready for community participation, ie alterations. Have fun.--Vacuum1313 09:42, 5 December 2006 (PST)
- Excellent work, Vacuum1313! I agree, it looks done! I shall do my "protecting" thing on this shortly (this evening, I expect). I'm still sorting out my policy / process, but doing it "on the fly" :-) --CurtB 15:31, 5 December 2006 (PST)