You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
You must confirm your email address before editing pages.
Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
To edit this page, please answer the question that appears below (more info):
The word 'Appropedia' comes from 'Appropriate' and...?
LeapingStone is nascent non-profit working to enable universal primary education in West Africa. Leapingstone received its 501c3 in April, 2008. The organizations web site and logo are still under-construction.
== Board members ==
* Natalie Huberman, President
* Melayha Fluke, Vice President
* Jann Carr, Secretary
* [[User:Curtbeckmann|Curt Beckmann]], Treasurer
* Emmanualle Almeras
* Jaime Grant
LEAPINGSTONE MOKR 2008-2009
== Mission through 2010 ==
Achieve sustainable "Tipping Point" quality education levels in in Dedeke, a village in [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togo Togo] roughly 30 miles from the capital city, [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lom%C3%A9 Lomé].
== Objectives ==
Create infrastructure to facilitate and support
development and allocation of capital.
Draft and execute a fund-raising strategy sufficient
to generate $xxx,000 through 2009.
Develop and execute an allocation strategy.
Implement a branding and marketing strategy.
== Key Results ==
* Create infrastructure to facilitate and support development and allocation of capital.
* Obtain NFP status. Q1 (Done)
* Open bank accounts. Q2 (done)
* Obtain contact data (phone, fax, URL) Q1
* Draft a strategy to ensure adequate oversight of fund distribution. Q1
* Develop an investment strategy that creates a sustainable and growing endowment. Q2
* Draft a budget that includes all operations and charitable donations. Q1
* Develop an expenditure policy/strategy. Q1
* Draft and execute a fund-raising strategy sufficient to generate $xxx,000 through 2009.
* Create a broad and manageable fund-raising strategy. Q1
* Draft a donor presentation. Q1
* Develop and maintain a donor prospect database. Q1
* Determine whether we are eligible for grants and apply for them if so. Q2
* Raise $25,000. Q3
* Raise $xxx,000. Q109
* Develop and execute an allocation strategy.
* Draft plan for how LS distributes funds in Africa (see oversight goal above). Q1
* Send xxx children to school. Q209
=== Implement a branding and marketing strategy. ===
* Develop corporate identity (logo, etc.) Q1
* Launch a purpose-built web site that both evangelizes the LS message and generates donations. Q2
* Develop network of like-minded NGO. Q3
* Draft a white-paper on the impact of primary education on health, [[poverty]], and domestic violence. Q3