Renewable energy wiki
- Solar power
- Wind power
- Picohydro (relevant to international development and remote locations with very modest energy needs).
- Wave power
- Tidal power
...and any other form of renewable energy. It also covers energy storage, both high tech solutions that may (or may not) be suited to commercial and wealthy community solutions, as well as what is commonly called appropriate technology for smaller applications.
However, Appropedia is a more general green wiki, on the basis of "wiki synergy," i.e. that sustainability, design and international development issues overlap extensively and so are best dealt with on a single wiki.
Other wikis[edit | edit source]
Other wikis exist on this subject; only one appears to be not active.
- BioenergyWiki - active, specifically about bioenergy.
- Green Powered Wiki - defunct
- Renewable Energy Wikia - little or no activity.
- Embark Community Energy Project Wiki - Australian focused, designed for groups aiming to set up projects - some good content covering issues like governance, running public meetings, dealing with opposition.
Many introductory resources can be also be found on Wikipedia, starting at Wikipedia:Renewable energy. This is restricted to Wikipedia's criteria, and does not include designs, how tos, or original analysis.