Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Practivistas Chiapas/shared resources
This page is for information useful to all HSU Chiapas participants.
- This is a website that has weather and climate data for San Cristobal.
- This website contains a comprehensive pdf document on micro hydro power
- This link provides a pdf document on rainwater catchment and systems.
- This is the website for the Biobolsa System that we installed.
- This is a website explaining how to build one of the many WindBelts invented by Shawn Frayne.
- This link provides a pdf document in both Spanish and English on carbon credits and renewable energies in Mexico (such as wind, solar, micro-hydro and bio-power).
- This link provides a website with an overview on improved cook stoves.
These are words specifically related to Appropriate Technology that the students of the HSU Chiapas program found useful. See the Renewable Energy Dictionary for words directly related to renewable energy.
|Barbed wire||Alambre de púas|
|Sack||Costal (not costale!)|
|| El ejido|
|| El arroyo|
| Gully, ravine
|| La quebrada|
| aligator clips
|| gancho aligator|
| a finishing coat
To add your word, click edit and: Copy the following code (not including the pre and /pre) and paste it just before the |} in the table above.
|- | English word | Palabra en Español