Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Portal:Hybrid power systems
|Highlighted Hybrid Power Systems Page|
| Hybrid cars are the most common seen hybrid power system|
used in our daily life.
Hybrid power systems can use both renewable energy and fossil-fueled electricity generation techniques.
Typically a hybrid power system combines a renewable energy system - typically based on photovoltaics or
wind power generation - with battery energy storage, an inverter, and an engine-driven generator set fueled
by diesel, biodiesel, gasoline, or another fuel. 
| Category tree
| Sample pages
| External Links
Funding Opportunities, Grants, Donation, Taxbreaks
- Calcars -promoting 100+MPG plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs)
- UMass Awarded Grant -U.S. Department of Energy, the Northeast Clean Energy Application Center
- Union of Concerned Scientists -leading science-based nonprofit working for a healthy environment and a safer world
- Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit -Internal Revenue United States Department of the Treasury
- Pleadge to Get There Greener
- UCS Hybrid Center -donate Union of Concerned Scientists Hybrid Center
- CSU's Formula Hybrid Team -donate Colorado State University Mechanical Engineering Hybrid Team
- Edison Tech Center
- Hybrid Engineer Jobs
- Azure Dynamics -AZD has developed proprietary electric and hybrid electric drive technology for the light to heavy duty commercial vehicle categories.
- Eaton Powering Business Worldwide
- Williams Hybrid Power Ltd
- Photovoltaics in Buildings-A Design Handbook for Architects and Engineers, Chapter 10 Hybrid Power Systems by Friedrich Sick and Thomas Erge
- Wind Energy Explained: Theory, Design and Application, Chapter 10 by James F. Manwell, Jon G. McGowan, Anthony L. Rogers
- Renewable and efficient electric power systems by Gilbert M. Masters
- Innovative Concepts for Agent-Based Systems by Walt Tryszkowski, Chris Rouff and Mike Hinchey
- Electrochemical Capacitors and Hybrid Power Batteries 2008 by P. Simon et al.
- The Essential Hybrid Car Handbook: A Buyer's Guide by Nick Yost, David Friedman
- Propulsion Systems for Hybrid Vehicles by John M. Miller
- Electric and Hybrid Cars: A History by Curtis Darrel Anderson, Judy Anderson
- Electrochemical Energy Lab MIT, U.S.
- Fuel Cell Research Centre -Queen's-RMC FCRC, Canada
- Applied Sustainability Group- Queen's University, Canada
- National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory -U.S Environmental Protection Agency
- CHARGE -Centre for Hybrid Automotive Research and Green EnergyCanada Research Chair Program
- Hybrid Power Research Group -Department Of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, UK
- Houston Advanced Research Center
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Center for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
- IEEE -Advancing Technology for Humanity
Related Resources, Sites, Videos
Hybrid V Battery Testing Lab
Rayovac Hybrid Battery Charger Review
Major Hybrid Motor Manufacturers
Additional Work to be done
Stubs that need to be expanded:
- Journal list to be added, Journal articles to be arranged in lit reviews
- Small Hybrid Solar Power System by M. Kane, D. Larrain a, D. Favrat, Y. Allani
- Hybrid Power System by Roger Taylor
- Hybrid Power Systems Based on Renewable Energies: A Suitable and Cost-Competitive Solution for Rural Electrification by Alliance for Rural Electrification
- Hybrid Power System with a Controlled Energy Storage by E. Muljadi and J.T. Bialasiewicz
- Multi-objective optimization for hybrid fuel cells power system under uncertainty by Karthik Subramanyan, Urmila M. Diwekar, Amit Goyal
- Off-Grid Wind Hybrid Power Systems Components and Architectures by E. Ian Baring-Gould
- Simulink Model for Hybrid Power System Test-bed by M. C. Knauff et al.