This page lists several ways to get in touch with Appropedia, the Appropedia staff and other Appropedia users. These are the efforts of some members of the Appropedia community to serve and connect.
Did you follow this link from a social media site, wanting to learn about Appropedia? In short, Appropedia is about Sharing Knowledge to Build Rich, Sustainable Lives. Read more...
Social media[edit | edit source]
Follow the Appropedia accounts:
- @Appropedia (Twitter) - Mostly managed by Chriswaterguy and Kathy Nativi
- @Appropedia (Facebook) - This is a great tool for connecting and conversations, but it gives us little freedom with how we use, access our information and network, so some of us are hoping there'll be a free/open source version we can migrate to one day
- Appropedia (LinkedIn)
More details at Social media.
Blog[edit | edit source]
The Appropedia Foundation Blog is used to communicate what Appropedia is about and what we're doing.
We blog about what's new on the site and with our efforts, and about knowledge sharing, collaboration, wikis, sustainability, ICT for development and sustainability, appropriate technology and much more.
Blog entries are mostly from the directors of the Appropedia Foundation, with some guest posts, and interviews.
Newsletter[edit | edit source]
The Appropedia newsletter covers all the activities happening across the Appropedia Foundation.
Community[edit | edit source]
- Talk pages
- Email notifications to page changes.
- Email and IM between members of the community who know each other.
- Permichat, group for all permies in all languages
- The best place to leave a message is usually at Village Pump, where the whole community can join the conversation.
For more information, visit Appropedia: Appropedia community
Email[edit | edit source]
If you prefer to email, send it to infoappropediaorg
Mailing address[edit | edit source]
Our mailing address is in Arcata, California, 95521, USA. This is not an actual office, as the Appropedia Foundation and Appropedia community work in a distributed way, so we prefer not to show the address here. The appropriate address may be different in any case - e.g. for legal or financial matters, we would ask that you send any written material to the legal advisor or treasurer within the Appropedia Foundation.
If you need to contact us by post, please contact us first via email (above).