Intro[edit | edit source]
This is a stub page - to assist with guidance, and knowledge-sharing, towards those wishing to make a critical submission as part of the Melbourne East-West tunnel ("East-West link" proposed in inner-Northern Melbourne, Australia.
We envisage the page will have:-
- A short summary of the CIS proposal;
- An outline of the key sections, and critical commentary on the major issues raised;
- Links and advice for where to go for further references.
Key aspects of the project open for comment as part of the CIS[edit | edit source]
Transport Connectivity[edit | edit source]
Land use, dwellings and infrastructure[edit | edit source]
Visual amenity[edit | edit source]
Noise, vibration, air emissions and light spill[edit | edit source]
Cultural heritage[edit | edit source]
Surface and ground water[edit | edit source]
Native vegetation and biodiversity[edit | edit source]
Solid Wastes[edit | edit source]
Environmental management framework[edit | edit source]
Other community concerns you may want to raise and/or argue should be covered in a revised CIS[edit | edit source]
- Cost of the project and impact of "opportunity cost" meaning other important projects
- Poor alignment with goals of Melbourne Metro Plan of a 20 minute city with higher quality public space for walking
Relevant Appropedia Pages / Projects[edit | edit source]
- Melbourne East-West tunnel - general info page
- Melbourne sustainable transport reform - some links to other groups / projects in Melbourne, Australia aiming to reform our system for greater environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- OSSTIP Open Source Sustainable Transport Informatics Platform - a project to develop an informatics platform oriented towards assessing the sustainability of transport networks and envisaging alternative improvements.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Page on Vic Govt Department of Planning & Community Development about the process, including key parts of the process. http://web.archive.org/web/20140819111922/http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au:80/planning/environment-assessment/projects/east-west-link