Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Melb East West Link CIS Process
- 1 Intro
- 2 Key aspects of the project open for comment as part of the CIS
- 3 Other community concerns you may want to raise and/or argue should be covered in a revised CIS
- 4 Relevant Appropedia Pages / Projects
- 5 External Links
This is a stub page - to assist with guidance, and knowledge-sharing, towards those wishing to make a critical submission as part of the Melbourne East-West tunnel ("East-West link" proposed in inner-Northern Melbourne, Australia.
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.
We envisage the page will have:-
- A short summary of the CIS proposal;
- An outline of the key sections, and critical commentary on the major issues raised;
- Links and advice for where to go for further references.
Key aspects of the project open for comment as part of the CIS
Land use, dwellings and infrastructure
Noise, vibration, air emissions and light spill
Surface and ground water
Native vegetation and biodiversity
Environmental management framework
Other community concerns you may want to raise and/or argue should be covered in a revised CIS
- Cost of the project and impact of "opportunity cost" meaning other important projects
- Poor alignment with goals of Melbourne Metro Plan of a 20 minute city with higher quality public space for walking
Relevant Appropedia Pages / Projects
- Melbourne East-West tunnel - general info page
- Melbourne sustainable transport reform - some links to other groups / projects in Melbourne, Australia aiming to reform our system for greater environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- OSSTIP Open Source Sustainable Transport Informatics Platform - a project to develop an informatics platform oriented towards assessing the sustainability of transport networks and envisaging alternative improvements.
- Page on Vic Govt Department of Planning & Community Development about the process, including key parts of the process. http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/planning/environment-assessment/projects/east-west-link