This page provides lists of topics relevant to flowers.
Reasons for growing flowers[edit | edit source]
Flowers can be grown for many reasons, including as:
- a profitable crop (for example, tulips, roses, daffodils, irises, etc.) - sales for special days, events, nurseries, etc.
- food (where edible and organic, as in not sprayed)
- boundary creation
- pollination (encouragement of, improving chances of)
- specialist gardens
Types of flowers[edit | edit source]
This is a starter list of a few flowers, there are many, many more as well.
- African lily, aka Agapanthus
- African daisy
- Nasturtiums (edible)
- Orange blossom flowers (edible, used for orange blossom water
- Roses (edible)
Herbal flowers[edit | edit source]
Most herbal plants also have flowers. Many of these flowers can be used for culinary, medicinal and decorative purposes. These flowers include:
Wildflowers[edit | edit source]
Flowers that grow in the wild do not need cultivation but can be for various purposes, such as creating meadows, restoring lost wildflowers, etc.
Wildflower types vary across regions and continents. Lists could be added here by editors with the relevant knowledge.
See also[edit | edit source]
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower - Wikipedia on flowers