We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jon Tester is a U.S. Senator from Montana. He defeated incumbent Republican Conrad Burns in 2006.
An organic farmer, owner of a butcher shop, and former Montana state legislator. Tester is a man close to the earth raised on the same family-owned farm (over 1,000 acres) that his grandfather homesteaded in 1916 and has never made more than $30,000 a year.
- John Tester graduated from the College of Great Falls in 1978 with a degree in music (he played the trumpet), and in addition to his other occupations, Tester has worked as a music teacher for Big Sandy Public Schools.
- While farming, Tester often went up to two weeks at a time without seeing another human being save for his wife Sharla.
- The Tester family now grows organic wheat, barley, lentils, peas, millet, buckwheat, alfalfa and hay.
- Tester played a major role in the development of the Judith Gap Wind Farm
- http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=7034984&nav=menu227_3 article about finanical aid for organic farmers!