Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
|This page has been proposed for deletion.|
|If a reason was given it will appear here:
If this notice has remained on this page, and a note placed on the page of the main contributor(s), for at least one week, with no opposition to the deletion, the page may be deleted on the judgement of an admin.
Speedy deletion: In cases of obvious spam or inappropriate content, the admin can check the page history and revert if appropriate. If there is only spam or vandalism in the history, delete immediately.
- 1 Title of the device or system
- 2 Abstract
- 3 Bill of Materials
- 4 Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- 5 Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- 6 Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- 7 Cost savings
- 8 Benefited Internet Communities
- 9 References
Title of the device or system
Project developed by [your name linked to your user account]
- Paragraph description of the OSAT - why is it Appropriate? What need does it fulfil? Are there case studies you have found of a technology being used successfully?
- Picture of completed print using your printer
Bill of Materials
- Provide a full BOM -- Materials needed for fabrication of device and alternative materials if they are not available, prices/sources of non-printable parts
- Upload and link to all source files from open source CAD
- Upload and link to all STLs
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- If you used special skill – link to relevant wikipedia or wikiversity articles/courses
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your “how to” to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Include print time estimate
- Include assembly time estimate
- Including drawings or pictures of the device at stage of assembly at minimum. (http://www.appropedia.org/Special:Upload)
- Consider video if appropriate
|Example video summary of textbook|
Common Problems and Solutions
- Include common mistakes/problems to avoid in building your OSAT and how to overcome them
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- Estimate your costs
- Find a commercial equivalent
- Calculate $ savings and % savings
Benefited Internet Communities
- Name and add links to at least 5 using single brackets around [url name]
- The sources of information (e.g. engineering handbooks, journal articles, government documents, webpages, books, magazine articles etc.). References should use the <ref> </ref> and <references/> tags and can be in any format but should include all the information necessary for someone else to find the same information you did. For example: 
- web page: Department of Energy (DOE) Landscaping and Energy Efficiency, DOE/GO-10095 (1995) Available: http://www.eren.doe.gov/erec/factsheets/landscape.html
Based on the developmental needs addressed (e.g. food, heat, electricity, clean water, health care, etc.) be sure to label your device in the proper categories e.g. use [[Category:Water]]. Be sure to categorize your device so that it will be easy to find – for example “Low voltage connection basics” is categorized in [[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Electricity]] [[Category:Electric lighting]].