Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Field Ready Design OSAT ECG Lead Holder
Field Ready Design - ECG Lead Holder
Project developed by remichae
- Paragraph description of the OSAT - why is it Appropriate? What need does it fulfil? Are there case studies you have found of a technology being used successfully?
- Picture of completed print using
Bill of Materials
- Provide a full BOM -- Materials needed for fabrication of device and alternative materials if they are not available, prices/sources of non-printable parts
- Upload and link to all source files from open source CAD
- Upload and link to all STLs
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- No special skills were used, the knowledge of what an ECG is attempting to do helped in the designing stage.
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your “how to” to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Include print time estimate
- Include assembly time estimate
- Including drawings or pictures of the device at stage of assembly at minimum. (http://www.appropedia.org/Special:Upload)
- Consider video if appropriate
|Example video summary of textbook|
Common Problems and Solutions
- Include common mistakes/problems to avoid in building your OSAT and how to overcome them
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- Estimate your costs
- Find a commercial equivalent
- Calculate $ savings and % savings
- The sources of information (e.g. engineering handbooks, journal articles, government documents, webpages, books, magazine articles etc.). References should use the <ref> </ref> and <references/> tags and can be in any format but should include all the information necessary for someone else to find the same information you did. For example: 
- web page: Department of Energy (DOE) Landscaping and Energy Efficiency, DOE/GO-10095 (1995) Available: http://www.eren.doe.gov/erec/factsheets/landscape.html
Based on the developmental needs addressed (e.g. food, heat, electricity, clean water, health care, etc.) be sure to label your device in the proper categories e.g. use [[Category:Water]]. Be sure to categorize your device so that it will be easy to find – for example “Low voltage connection basics” is categorized in [[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Electricity]] [[Category:Electric lighting]].