|此页面是使用RepRap 3-D 打印使OSAT实现可持续发展的国际项目的一部分。了解更多。|
研究： OSAT 的开源 3-D 打印• RecycleBot •家庭回收的 LCA •绿色分布式回收• Ethical Filament •分布式制造的LCA • RepRap LCA 能源和二氧化碳2 •太阳能 RepRaps •太阳能回收机器人•可行性中心•机械测试• RepRap 打印协议： MOST •经验教训• MOST RepRap Build • MOST Prusa Build • MOST HS RepRap build •RepRap 打印服务器
CNC Router Parts已经具备由控制单元引导的 3D 运动能力（参见图 1）。为了添加金属 3D 打印功能，需要安装焊枪或线轴枪来代替铣刀。焊枪充当打印头，将细丝沉积在基板上，该焊丝是安装在 CNC 路由器零件底座上的基板。控制单元还需要能够发送输出信号来控制焊机。
在通过以太网电缆连接到控制单元的计算机上，一个名为Mach3的客户端软件接受 G-Code 文件，然后逐行解释这些 G-Code 并与控制单元通信以调节 3D 运动。
- 这适用于任何套件 cnc 路由器。我们拥有的是 Benchtop PRO CNC Machine，https://www.cncrouterparts.com/benchtop-pro-cnc-machine-kit-p-314.html
- 电压和电流数据处理的完整源代码位于：MOST-Voltage-Current-Data-Processor（*.m 用于 MATLAB 或 Octave）
- 3D 金属打印切片器插件
- Franklin firmware -- for a complete guide on how to set this up see: Using Franklin on a CNC Router Parts 3-D printer
- Last version: Integrated Voltage—Current Monitoring and Control of Gas Metal Arc Weld Magnetic Ball-Jointed Open Source 3-D Printer
- Safety equipment is based off of standard MIG welding safety protocols 
- Use your metal 3D printer on a flat surface isolated from water and flammable materials.
- Verify that you have proper grounding with a metal on metal connection to your substrate.
- Ensure your gas cylinder is secured to an upright support or cart at all times and only use gas hoses designed for welding.
- Eliminate clutter from the work area as you will be raining sparks everywhere. Minimize the number of cables underfoot to avoid tripping.
- Examine hoses regularly for leaks, wear and loose connections and replace faulty lines. Spray with a soap and water mixture. Bubbles will show leaks.
- Ensure proper ventilation of work area. Welding fumes are hazardous. In a home garage leave a door or window open and run a box fan as an exhaust to remove fumes from your breathing area. We have also used masks.
- Wear safety glasses at all times while in the lab.
- When printing and/looking at the printer while printing wear a welders mask/welding helmet (auto-darkening or flip-shade with current ANSI certification) or look at it using a webcam. Do not watch the printer with unprotected eyes!
- Use pliers to pick up the substrate after printing or thick leather gloves
- Always wear flame-resistant lab coat and heavy duty leather gloves when handling the printed parts
- Wear leather shoes - high-tops (steel-toes are a bonus).
Metal 3D printing exposes you to welding for longer periods of time than is normal for routine welding. You should ensure that all of your skin is covered by something to avoid "sun burns".
- CNC Router Parts with control unit
- A client computer with Mach3 with Ethernet cable connect to the control unit
- A MIG welder and a modified weld gun to accept turning on and off signal
- A custom parts to hold a weld gun (See Figure 2)
- A wire to connect output from the control unit to the weld gun.
- A cylinder of shield gas, the type of gas depend on the type of metal (e.g., RC25 for steel)
- A welding curtain
- A ventilation fan
Operation & Procedure
- Turn on the control unit before open Mach3 program.
- Open Mach3 and click Reset button (See Figure 3).
- Click Load G-Code button and select G-Code file (The file has to be .txt).
- Set the original (0,0,0) point by moving the mounted weld gun to the wanted position, the nozzle should be 8 mm height from the substrate and in the middle of the substrate (Depends on the 3D model.), then click Zero X, Zero Y, and Zero Z buttons.
- Dry run with the welder and the shield gas off. Make sure the welding will be inside the substrate. Otherwise, adjust the position to be so.
- Stop the dry run, click Stop button, and reset the position of the weld gun by clicking GOTO ZERO button.
- Turn on the welder and the shield gas (For steel, set shield gas to 25 Cubic Feet per Hour, CFH).
- Close the welding curtain for protection. Turn on the ventilation fan.
- Click Cycle Start button to start printing.
- Usually, there is a pause between layer generated by MOSTMetalCura. The bigger the part is the longer the pause should be in order to let it cool down (70 degree Fahrenheit). The pause time can be set in MOSTMetalCura. User can manually stop the printing by click Stop button and click Cycle Start button to resume (Be careful! It will stop whatever it is doing and then skip to the next line of G-Code). Clean the nozzle if it is clogged up.
- Continue printing until finish all layers.
- Open-source metal 3-D printer
- Low-cost Open-Source Voltage and Current Monitor for Gas Metal Arc Weld 3-D Printing
- MOST open-source metal 3-D printer v2
- Substrate Release Mechanisms for Gas Metal Arc Weld 3D Aluminum Metal Printing - how to get your print off the substrate with a hammer
- In Situ Formation of Substrate Release Mechanisms for Gas Metal Arc Weld Metal 3-D Printing
- Aluminum substrate cleaning for 3-D printing:MOST
- Hypoeutectic Aluminum–Silicon Alloy Development for GMAW-Based 3-D Printing Using Wedge Castings
- Open-source Lab
- Open source 3-D printing of OSAT
- Life-cycle economic analysis of distributed manufacturing with open-source 3-D printers
- Environmental impacts of distributed manufacturing from 3-D printing of polymer components and products
- 代尔夫特理工大学 - MIG+ Prusa I3
- Weld 3D - 第一个商业衍生产品
- 参见有关“电弧增材制造”(WAAM) 的文献