We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
|Service learning with Appropedia|
The Content Internship Mini also serves as the first task for the Content Internship program, if you continue on. It involves creating one article on Appropedia. Here are the steps:
- Please pick a topic that you would like to write about, in some depth. Choose something that you already know a bit about and are very interested in - it can be an article about a general subject, or about a specific project. Some ideas are listed at Appropedia:Content internships/Suggested topics.
- Search Appropedia to check if there is already an article on that exact topic. If you want, you can email your mentor with your ideas, but this isn't essential.
- Start a page on Appropedia for your topic. Start with just a few words about the topic, as the starting point of your article. One paragraph is a good amount.
- Email your mentor with the link and your mentor will confirm that it's on the right track. We don't expect a problem - this is just a standard step in our process, to make sure everything is okay. (If for some reason your mentor is unable to reply, it is acceptable to post your link at the Village pump page for community discussion - although it is an open public discussion, the regular participants at the Village Pump are able to give advice and to confirm if all is well.
- Develop your article further. Include references where you can.
- In your research, you have probably found one or more sites that are very valuable. Add this to an "External links" section at the end of the article.
Commitment: Expect to spend a total of 4 to 6 hours working on the article.
Submission date: We normally set a submission date 3 weeks from the start. If you want to impress us further, submit it within 2 weeks ;-).