Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Corinthias P.M. Sianipar
Photograph taken in Yokohama (2014)
|Education||Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia|
|Known for||Design Methodology for Appropriate Technology (DMAT)|
|Awards||The Best Student Paper in Triple-Helix 10th International Conference (2012)|
Corinthias P.M. Sianipar is a technologist, particularly in applied sciences as an endorser of Appropriate Technology. As a technologist in applied sciences, he works on his focus on mechanical design, product development, and on appropriate technology especially for community empowerment purposes. He has a unique characteristic by which he always uses a combination of both computational modeling/algorithm and qualitative analysis in making approaches for any project. Prior to working as a technologist, he worked for a big heavy-equipment manufacturer company as product development engineer and mechanical designer. Being a technologist & scientist concerned with some technology-related solutions for vulnerable communities, particularly in developing countries; now he continues his research on the challenge to find an "adequate fit of innovation", which is well targeted through an "appropriate" technology with its technological appropriateness for particular problems in developing countries that do not leave the people behind.
Select Journal Articles
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Yudoko, G., Dowaki, K., Adhiutama, A. (2013). Design methodology for Appropriate Technology: Engineering as if people mattered. Sustainability, 5(8), 3382-3425. Featured at the Engineering for Change.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Dowaki, K., Yudoko, G. (2014). Interdependency of cleaner production and cleaner application: Towards an integrated assessment on Appropriate Technology. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 606, 281-285.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Taufiq., H., Estiningtyas, H.R., Dowaki, K., Adhiutama, A., Yudoko, G. (2013). Materials selection in Appropriate Technology: Four focuses in design thinking. Advanced Materials Research, 789, 379-382.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Dowaki, K., Yudoko, G., Adhiutama, A. (2013). Seven pillars of survivability: Appropriate Technology with a human face. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 2(4), 1-18.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Yudoko, G., Dowaki, K., Adhiutama, A. (2014). Design and technological appropriateness: The quest for community survivability. Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, 9(1), 1-17.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Yudoko, G., Dowaki, K. (2014). Materials research in Appropriate Technology: In the midst of science, engineering, and technology. Key Engineering Materials, 594-595, 334-338.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Dowaki, K., Yudoko, G. (2014). Technological solution for vulnerable communities: How does its approach matter? IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 58, 012022.
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Yudoko, G., Adhiutama, A., Dowaki, K. (2013). Community empowerment through Appropriate Technology: Sustaining the sustainable development. Procedia Environmental Sciences, 17, 1007-1016.
His complete list of publications can be found here.
Select Books & Chapters
- Sianipar, C.P.M., Yudoko, G., Dowaki, K. (2014). Environmental forensics on Appropriate-Technology-enhanced supply chain of rural commodities. In A.Z. Aris et al., From Sources to Solutions, ch. 11, pp. 55-60. Singapore: Springer.
His complete list of books & chapters can be found here.
Contact and Social Profiles