Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.

Humboldt County energy services

From Appropedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Please introduce the page here. --Lonny 10:47, 5 May 2011 (PDT)

Humboldt County Energy Services

Energy Saving Item Where to Get It Eligibility
CFL RCEA Humboldt Renter
Faucet Aerator RCEA Humboldt Renter
CFL Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Caulking Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Low-Flow Showerheads Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Minor Home Repair Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Refrigerator Replacement Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Furnace Replacement Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Water Heater Replacement Energy Savings Assistance Program All income-qualified
Attic Insolation LIEE All income-qualified
Refrigerator Replacement LIEE All income-qualified
Furnace Replacement LIEE All income-qualified
Weatherstripping LIEE All income-qualified
Caulking LIEE All income-qualified
Low-Flow Showerheads LIEE All income-qualified
Water Heater Blanket LIEE All income-qualified
Door Repair LIEE All income-qualified
Building Envelope Repair LIEE All income-qualified
Attic Insolation LIHEAP All income-qualified
Caulking LIHEAP All income-qualified
Water Heater Blanket LIHEAP All income-qualified
Heating System Repair LIHEAP All income-qualified
Cooling System Repair LIHEAP All income-qualified
Natural Gas Testing RCAA Humboldt Renter
Propane Testing RCAA Humboldt Renter
Attic Insolation RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Floor Insolation RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Duct Insolation RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Water Heater Blanket RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Water Heater Timer RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Heating System Repair RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Cooling System Repair RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Carbon Monoxide Detector RCAA Humboldt Renter
Low-Flow Showerheads RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Faucet Aerator RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Storm Windows RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Thermal Windows RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
CFL RCAA Humboldt income-qualified
Lead Hazard Abatement RCAA Grant funded basis
Power strips HSU Green Campus HSU student

Further Description of Programs

LIEE - Low-Income Energy Efficiency Program

  • The LIEE program provides no-cost weatherization services to low-income households who meet the CARE guidelines.
  • Services provided include attic insulation, energy efficient refrigerators, energy efficient furnaces, weatherstripping, caulking, low-flow showerheads, waterheater blankets, and door and building envelope repairs which reduce air infiltration.
  • Contact your electric utility company

LIHEAP - Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

  • A federally funded program under the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)that provides two basic types of services, 1) outreach and 2) financial assistance.
    1. Free weatherization which can include attic insulation, caulking, weather stripping, door replacement, water heater blankets, heating/cooling system repair, and other conservation measures.
    2. Variable utility bill assistance that is income-qualified. Provides a direct payment to an eligible client’s utility bill to help offset the cost of heating or cooling their home.
  • Contact: 1-866-675-6623 or website:

RCAA - Redwood Community Action Agency

  • A locally based, private non-profit organization that provides a wide range of services to low and moderate income residents of Humboldt County.
  • The Energy and Environmental Services Division is committed to assisting low to moderate income households reduce their energy burden, improve the health and safety conditions of occupied housing and to foster client self-sufficiency. In support of these goals, they provide the following services:
    1. Health & Safety Testing and Repairs - provides Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) testing for all combustion appliances and health and safety related repairs or replacements.
    2. Energy Efficiency & Weatherization - high quality energy efficiency and weatherization services for income qualified low to moderate income households. The services are available for qualified renters and homeowners.
    3. Lead Based Paint Hazard Reduction & Inspection Services - designed to make housing occupied by families with small children, lead safe and to safeguard the workers through following lead safe practices.
    4. Energy, Environmental & Telecommunications Education - providing information and education services for low to moderate income households on issues that are of importance and that impact their lives.
    5. Energy Assistance - assistance for the payment or purchase of of electricity, propane or natural gas.
  • Contact: (707) 444-3831 or website:

RCEA - Redwood Coast Energy Authority

  • A joint powers authority made up of Humboldt county members. Offers 3 main programs that apply to renters
    1. Residential Neighborhood Sweeps which provide free: CFL, LED nightlights, fluorescent torcheries, faucet aerators.
    2. Fluorescent Take it Back, which provides free disposal of CFL, and flourescent tubes in various locations across the county
    3. Holiday Light Exchange: replaces incandescent lights with LED ones, for free during the holiday season.
  • Contact: (800) 931 - RCEA or website:

Green Campus

  • A federally funded program under the Alliance To Save Energy, that focuses on students of Humboldt State University (HSU). Green Campus is only available to currently enrolled students of the university. Eligible students primarily receive information and assistance with conservation such as energy audits. The program can provide free: CFL, power-strips, and faucet aerators, but supply is limited and targeted towards dormitory residents.
  • Contact website:

Energy Savings Assistance Program

  • PG&E's Energy Savings Assistance Program provides income-qualified renters and homeowners with easy, free solutions to help manage their energy use and save money on their monthly energy bills.
  • Contact: 1-800-989-9744 or website:

Other Related Programs

CARE PROGRAM - California Alternate Rates for Energy Program

FERA - Family Electric Rate Assistance

Medical Baseline Allowance

  • Get additional quantities of energy through PG&E at the lowest (baseline) price for residential customers. To qualify for Medical Baseline, a California-licensed physician must certify that a full-time resident in your home has one of these medical conditions:
    1. Dependent on life-support equipment while at home*
    2. A paraplegic, hemiplegic, quadriplegic or multiple sclerosis patient with special heating and/or cooling needs
    3. A scleroderma patient with special heating needs
    4. A life-threatening illness or compromised immune system with special heating and/or cooling requirements to sustain the patient's life or prevent deterioration of the patient's medical condition
  • Visit for details and application documents

RCAA - Redwood Community Action Agency

  • A locally based, private non-profit organization. Focus is primarily on structural and mechanical components of home, which often can affect energy efficiency. Further assistance is provided to qualified individuals. Eligibility is income based.
  • Contact: (707) 445-0881 or website:

REACH - Relief for Energy Assistance Through Community Help

  • This is a PG&E program that provides one time assistance (during an 18 month period) to low income families that have undergone an unforeseen hardship. The program gives aid in the form of an energy credit, that can be up to $200, depending on the amount of past due PG&E balance.
  • Contact: 1-800-933-9677 or website:

Flex Your Power - California Energy Efficiency and Conservations



  • Review all energy saving tips and programs through California's Flex Your Power's main webpage at