Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Humboldt County energy services
Please introduce the page here. --Lonny 10:47, 5 May 2011 (PDT)
Humboldt County Energy Services
|Energy Saving Item||Where to Get It||Eligibility|
|Faucet Aerator||RCEA||Humboldt Renter|
|CFL||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Caulking||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Low-flow shower heads||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Minor home repair||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Refrigerator||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Furnace||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Water heater||Energy Savings Assistance Program||All income-qualified|
|Attic insolation||LIEE||Humboldt Renter|
I look forward to seeing more of these. --Lonny 10:47, 5 May 2011 (PDT)
Further Description of Programs
LIHEAP - Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- A federally funded program under the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)that provides two basic types of services, 1) outreach and 2) financial assistance.
- Free weatherization which can include attic insulation, caulking, weather stripping, door replacement, water heater blankets, heating/cooling system repair, and other conservation measures.
- Variable utility bill assistance that is income-qualified. Provides a direct payment to an eligible client’s utility bill to help offset the cost of heating or cooling their home.
- Contact: 1-866-675-6623 or website: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/
RCEA - Redwood Coast Energy Authority
- A joint powers authority made up of Humboldt county members. Offers 3 main programs that apply to renters
- Residential Neighborhood Sweeps which provide free: CFL, LED nightlights, fluorescent torcheries, faucet aerators.
- Fluorescent Take it Back, which provides free disposal of CFL, and flourescent tubes in various locations across the county
- Holiday Light Exchange: replaces incandescent lights with LED ones, for free during the holiday season.
- Contact: (800) 931 - RCEA or website: http://redwoodenergy.org/
- A federally funded program under the Alliance To Save Energy, that focuses on students of Humboldt State University (HSU). Green Campus is only available to currently enrolled students of the university. Eligible students primarily receive information and assistance with conservation such as energy audits. The program can provide free: CFL, power-strips, and faucet aerators, but supply is limited and targeted towards dormitory residents.
- Contact website: http://www.hsugreencampus.com/index.html
Energy Savings Assistance Program
- PG&E's Energy Savings Assistance Program provides income-qualified renters and homeowners with easy, free solutions to help manage their energy use and save money on their monthly energy bills.
- Contact: 1-800-989-9744 or link http://www.pge.com/energypartners/
Other Related Programs
CARE PROGRAM - California Alternate Rates for Energy Program
- A Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) program that provides a monthly discount on energy bills for income-qualified households.
- Contact: 1-866-743-2273
FERA - Family Electric Rate Assistance
- The PG&E FERA program provides a monthly discount on electric bills for income-qualified households of three or more persons.
- For specific program guidelines go to http://www.pge.com/myhome/customerservice/financialassistance/fera/eligibility/
- Contact: 1-800-743-5000 for residential single family home or 1-866-743-2273 for sub-metered residential facilities
RCAA - Redwood Community Action Agency
- A locally based, private non-profit organization. Focus is primarily on structural and mechanical components of home, which often can affect energy efficiency. Further assistance is provided to qualified individuals. Eligibility is income based.
- Contact (707) 445-0881 or link http://www.rcaa.org/index.html
REACH - Relief for Energy Assistance Through Community Help
- This is a PG&E program that provides one time assistance (during an 18 month period) to low income families that have undergone an unforeseen hardship. The program gives aid in the form of an energy credit, that can be up to $200, depending on the amount of past due PG&E balance.
- Contact 1-800-933-9677. or link http://www.pge.com/myhome/customerservice/financialassistance/reach/
Browse ALL California Low-Income Energy Efficiency Programs
- Flex Your Power - California Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Review all energy saving tips and programs through California's Flex Your Power's main webpage at http://www.fypower.org/