Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Kevin Brenes-Melgar
- I was born in Escuintla, Guatemala. I am a senior, majoring in Environmental Science: Energy and Climate option with a minor in Geography.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- Renewable energy resources
- Sustainable and environmental practices within the energy sector
- Alternative/Efficient methods that meet society energy demands.
- Currently join HSU, Renewable Energy Student Union to design a Hydrogen Fueling Station as part of a student design contest. Wish us luck!
Competition info here: http://www.hydrogencontest.org/pdf/2014%20Official%20Rules%20and%20Guidelines%20v1.1.pdf
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Fix electrical wiring issues and installed LED's through out the interior and exterior of my car.
- Pressure tested solar thermal panels
- Earthen Oven
- PV curve testing
- Environmental Policy
- Energy systems
- Data Analysis
- Overall, not too much experience within Appropriate Technology other than knowledge from my courses. By taking Engineering 305 I hope to get hands-on experience were I may applied my interests.