Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Jacob McGraw
I'm a senior at Humboldt State University working on a degree in Environmental Science with a concentration in wilderness conservation; I am also working on a minor in Wildlife. I grew up in the Napa Valley northeast of San Francisco. My favorite activities include backpacking, hiking, jogging, traveling, working with animals, exploring, reading, and pretty much any activity that involves the outdoors or food. My goals and interests fall into two main cateogories:
- How to improve the quality of life for ourselves, the other people of the world (yes, all 6.78 billion of them), and all of the people who will come after us.
- How to preserve biodiversity on a local and global scale.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- How can advances in technology (such as "alternative" energy sources) help us to achieve both of the above goals?
- I would like to better understand the effects that different forms of energy extraction have on the environment.
- How can changes in peoples' day to day lives help to protect the environment?
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- I have lots of recreational experience interacting with the environment.
- I've worked in wildlife rescue operations and helped with habitat restoration.
- Moderate knowledge of technology from classes at HSU and just living in a society full of interesting technologies.