About Me
Name: Greg Pfotenhauer
- Born and raised in Hartford, Wisconsin, I attended Northland college for two years before transferring to HSU for Environmental Resources Engineering. I like canoeing, rockclimbing, backpacking, skiing, and kayaking. I also enjoy music, and play piano, drums, and guitar.
 Interests in Engineering
 Experience in Engineering
- Spent a week in Siguetepeque, Honduras working with Habitat for Humanity building a house with limited supplies and tools.
- Took a semester on small-scale PV systems at Northland College. Installed a dual-tracking system on the college president's house the final week of the semester.
- Built a number of things for physics projects in high school, including an electromagnet and a small tesla coil.
 Interests in Appropriate Technology
 Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Assisted in construction of spiral herb garden at Northland College
- Maintained home composting facilities and gardens growing up in Hartford, WI
- Design and construction of "Pain in the Axle," a pedal-powered generator for use at the hostel in Samoa
- Design and construction of a low cost windbelt made of recycled materials
- Final timesheet for ENGR 215 created with Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice Calc
- Electrical schematic of "Pain in the Axle" pedal-powered generator done in AutoCAD as a raw .dwg plotted as PDF and completed GIF modified with GIMP
- Gantt chart for "Pain in the Axle"
- Triad Design's logo created with GIMP
Copyright (c) 2010 Greg Pfotenhauer, Corel Corporation and its licensors. All rights reserved
- Final design document for "Pain in the Axle," created with Microsoft Word
- Memo regarding the submission of the webpage http://www.appropedia.org/Samoa_Hostel_Pain_in_the_Axle