Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
Outcomes from meetings with Alex:
- (awaiting response) contact Ekopedia community re multilingual wiki structure
- Done Lonny re ongoing dev work
- preliminary investigation of what is required for spam prevention, and write up a summary of main problems, what's needed (and any suggested fixes, e.g. Q&A CAPTCHA). Steps: setup ChatZilla, ask on #MediaWiki.
Outcomes from Appropedia Foundation board meetings:
- Fix PayPal regular payments
- Our Tiny Letter newsletter - let people know. (In progress.)
- Start conversation about images/metaphors for communicating Appropedia.
- Send Kiva Info for video
- Communications: do some brief updates to the community, or work out a way top do them. Conversation with an intern or community member?
Level 2 priorities:
- Recruit interns:
- Choose procedure for managing
- Advertise for a communications/social media intern
- Advertise for a P2P wiki editing intern
- Advertise for a bot intern
Current roles and projects:
- Water book
- Liaise with Skud - see Skud's subpages
- Stop spam firehose
- Ekopedia merge. Steps: Discuss with Eko list. Get help on (en.ekopedia spam list)
- Fundraising - make a plan for a campaign. Who?
- Permaculture.info merger
Next meeting with Alex. Ask on IRC first:
- Skin work & social media buttons
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:BlueSpice - a set of ~5 extensions for management of the wiki. Is it secure, stable, useful? Used by DESERTEC.
- Anything at http://fr.ekopedia.org/Spécial:Version ?