About Me
I am currently an undergraduate student in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at Michigan Technological University. I will graduate from Michigan Tech in May 2013 with a major in MSE and a concentration in Enterprise as well as with minors in Polymer Engineering and International French Studies. I have experience in failure analysis through my work at Caterpillar, Inc. I have also obtained a large amount of metallurgical engineering experience through my time with the Advanced Metalworks Enterprise. I enjoy challenging myself intellectually and plan to work in Research and Development for a company that continues to help me grow as an engineer. I have obtained a wide variety of leadership skills that will allow me to adapt to any position I am put in.
Visit my LinkedIn Profile to learn more.
- Philanthropy and Service - Girl Scouts of America, Standathon, Relay for Life, Michigan Tech Panhellenic Council Can Drive
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Road Biking
 Co-op Experience
- Caterpillar, Inc, Metallurgical Engineering Intern for the Cooling Systems Material Performance group
 Project Experience
- Advanced Metalworks Enterprise
- Titanium-Carbide Stainless Steel Cermets - Kennametal
- EZAC Performance - Eastern Alloys
- Transverse Corner Cracks - ArcelorMittal
- Link to my LinkedIn Page: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carolyn-lahti/48/408/927 LinkedIn Profile
- MY3701 Semiconductor Recycling Project
- Link to Project Page: Viability of Recycling Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) in Photovoltaic Cells