Solar energy conversion system
A solar energy conversion system (SECS), or solar energy harvester are general terms that could be used for any machine that, powered by solar energy, either generates energy that can be used to directly heat a fluid or gas (passive solar) or generate electricity (PV, CPV, PETE, ...). The term can thus refer to:
- Thermal solar energy conversion systems (generally passive solar systems without mirrors or lenses),
- Photovoltaic solar systems (PV),
- Biohybrid solar cells,
- Luminescent solar concentrators (a type of concentrated photovoltaics or CPV technology),
- Concentrating solar power systems,
- Photon Enhanced Thermionic Emission systems, ...
The conversion of the energy of the power of the sun into more useful forms is done using a variety of ways, each depending on the type of system employed. See photovoltaics.
 See also
- Optimum orientation of solar energy harvesters
- energy harvesting
- Wind energy conversion system
- Thermal energy conversion system
- Hydro energy conversion system