Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Polymer-glass 3D print literature review
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
Types of glass and melting points:
- soda-lime glass:
- Google for polymer and glass composites
- Google for glass-polymer composites applications -biomedical
- google for polymer glass composite
Effect of sandblasting and silicoating on bond strength of polymer-glass composite to cast titanium possible application for glass-polymer composite 3D print
- google for commonly used types of glass 3 Common Glass Types: Properties and Applications
- google for types of glass google scholar Types and Compositions of Glass for Production of Continuous Glass Fiber (Review)
- google for cost of borosilicate glass vs soda-lime glass Borosilicate Glass vs. Soda Lime Glass?
First link at bottom of page for material comparison: 
- google for polymer-glass composites +spheres [http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0307174X1404100104, The structure formation in polymer composites with
hollow glass microspheres] This resource discusses use of hollow glass microspheres in glass-polymer composite fabrication. this will help me in finding a glass-polymer combination that works as a composite, but hollow glass microspheres might not be the best option for this project. Air ingisde the glass may lead to bubbles in the filament and low-quality printing.
this source offers links to other databases and suppliers of microspheres who might have some that will work for this project. Major strengths of hollow glass spheres in composites are mentioned as well.
- google for hollow glass microsphere sintering A Novel Method for Preparation of High Strength Hollow Spherical Silicon Dioxide By Plasma Technology
cites Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, which will likely be helpful.
- google for solid glass microspheres sintered Sintering of Soda‐Lime Glass Microspheres Using Spark Plasma Sintering
- Cospheric (inclused microspheres)
- Mo-Sci corporation (includes microspheres)
- Kopp Glass
- Rayotek Scientific, Inc.