Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
LeapingStone is nascent non-profit working to enable universal primary education in West Africa. Leapingstone received its 501c3 in April, 2008. The organizations web site and logo are still under-construction.
- Natalie Huberman, President
- Melayha Fluke, Vice President
- Jann Carr, Secretary
- Curt Beckmann, Treasurer
- Emmanualle Almeras
- Jaime Grant
LEAPINGSTONE MOKR 2008-2009
Mission through 2010
Create infrastructure to facilitate and support development and allocation of capital. Draft and execute a fund-raising strategy sufficient to generate $xxx,000 through 2009. Develop and execute an allocation strategy. Implement a branding and marketing strategy.
- Create infrastructure to facilitate and support development and allocation of capital.
- Obtain NFP status. Q1 (Done)
- Open bank accounts. Q2 (done)
- Obtain contact data (phone, fax, URL) Q1
- Draft a strategy to ensure adequate oversight of fund distribution. Q1
- Develop an investment strategy that creates a sustainable and growing endowment. Q2
- Draft a budget that includes all operations and charitable donations. Q1
- Develop an expenditure policy/strategy. Q1
- Draft and execute a fund-raising strategy sufficient to generate $xxx,000 through 2009.
- Create a broad and manageable fund-raising strategy. Q1
- Draft a donor presentation. Q1
- Develop and maintain a donor prospect database. Q1
- Determine whether we are eligible for grants and apply for them if so. Q2
- Raise $25,000. Q3
- Raise $xxx,000. Q109
- Develop and execute an allocation strategy.
- Draft plan for how LS distributes funds in Africa (see oversight goal above). Q1
- Send xxx children to school. Q209
Implement a branding and marketing strategy.
- Develop corporate identity (logo, etc.) Q1
- Launch a purpose-built web site that both evangelizes the LS message and generates donations. Q2
- Develop network of like-minded NGO. Q3
- Draft a white-paper on the impact of primary education on health, poverty, and domestic violence. Q3
|This organization is a member of the Open Sustainability Network.|