Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
|Service learning with Appropedia|
- This page describes a proposal.
Benefits of such courses would be:
- Learning in an open environment accessing a wide range of up-to-date resources
- Getting to know other community members and working closely with them.
- Creation of quality content directly on Appropedia. The course then becomes a service learning exercise - it has a positive impact, creating value for the world in addition to the learning that occurs.
- P2PU is intended specifically for this kind of learning. The organization also has its own audience and would work with Appropedia to cross-promote.
Integration with Appropedia
Assignments will be carried out (written research) or documented (for real world projects) on Appropedia, as with other Appropedia university programs.
Anyone can run a course with P2PU. However, either they should have relevant study and/or experience in the field, or be particularly skilled in facilitating other group members who do have this knowledge. Primarily the facilitator is a guide to the process, and all the participants do their own learning; however the ideal is to having a facilitator with their own substantial knowledge as well as openness to new perspectives.
Obvious examples might be:
- Principles of Appropriate Technology. (Relevant pages: Principles of appropriate technology)
- Principles of International Development - the essentials of being an effective aid or development worker. For those working or wanting to work in paid or volunteer positions. (Relevant pages: Principles of development)
- Permaculture Design. (Relevant pages: permaculture, Principles of permaculture)
- Climate Policy. (Relevant pages: [[Climate change, Measures to stop global warming)
- Your idea here
(Please add more)